Tuesday, February 23, 2016

New Year's Resolutions



I'm not usually one to make extravagant New Year's Resolutions, but this year.... I am going to raise from the dead one from 2004.

In 2004 I had written down a personal goal for a course in Managing Quality at Keller Graduate School. Here it is:

Personal Goals
Goal 1: Complete SCUBA certification; buy all necessary equipment.
Take additional Advanced Open Water Diver and Shipwreck Diver Courses.

Measurement:

PADI Open Water Diver certification course is in progress, open water dive is left.
Have purchased:  Mask, snorkel, gloves, fins, buoyancy compensation device (BCD),
dive computer, 4mm wetsuit, compass, dive log, air tank, gauges, and dive planner.



Progress:
Equipment needed:  Would like an underwater dive camera.  
Additional courses:  Advanced Open Water Certification course will be in March, followed by Shipwreck Diver course in July.



Degree of Difficulty:

Easily accomplished


While this seems like it was an easy goal, what happened after this was written changed the course of my life. I was in a really bad car accident that year. I had to discontinue school, spent the next 2 years in physical therapy and doctor visits, and ultimately I lost my house. All of it is getting back on track finally: I feel better, bought a new home, and share it with a great man. Now for the goals again... I want to reinstate them now! 

This was one, travel was another, restore my '64 Falcon was the third. I want all of these reinstated, please!


We moved!

  We have moved. Yep, you guessed it... to Las Vegas! So now I am back working at the flower shop I started my work journey with, but they h...