Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What has happened to good customer service?


I am finding that I have paid a good amount of money at every turn, just to find out later that so-and-so company didn't do what I was specifically paying for. It is so frustrating, as in some cases I found out literally years later.

For example, for two years I had all kinds of electrical issues with my truck. It got to the point that I stopped driving it. I found out when I started really looking into what its issues were that the parts store sold me the wrong battery group for my truck!

Needless to say, discussions with the manager, receipt in hand, and hours later - they replaced the battery at no cost. The problem? By then, I thought that I had an electrical drain somewhere so we had disconnected the alarm, disconnected the power door locks, removed door panels, disconnected the stereo and amplifier, and more.

Let me tell you, I am so frustrated, I am selling the truck. I have had it for 13 years - by the way, almost the longest stint for me for any vehicle I have ever owned aside from the '64 Falcon I am restoring very slowly.... I have owned over 35 vehicles, most only last 2 years or so.

Another fine example of customer service? Many moons ago, I had paid to setup a for-profit corporation and a 501C3 non-profit corporation. Nothing ever happened with them as my business associate moved out of state, and we let everything fall by the wayside. Now I want to put new life back into the 501C3, so I contacted the organizations to do so, and found out that they registered it as a FOR PROFIT corporation! Are you kidding me? How much liability would I have had had I actually done anything in that company's name??? omg it makes my head spin just thinking about it.

Starting anew today... with some great new business associates, great old business associates, and new life and goals, as well as follow-through!

We moved!

  We have moved. Yep, you guessed it... to Las Vegas! So now I am back working at the flower shop I started my work journey with, but they h...